Google Apps Migration
If you are sick of the limitations of using POP3/IMAP accounts and want to take your email/communications/collaboration platform to the next level then the Google Apps infrastructure might be right for you. Our team has conducted large and small scale migrations to the Google Apps platform. We can assist you to ensure that your migration goes as smoothly and seamlessly as possible.
Google/Gmail is one of the most widely used email platforms in the world. As such, migration your email and collaboration platform to a system that many users are already familiar with can be much easier. This can lower the cost/requirement for extensive training.
Our Google Apps migration services traditionally include the following steps. We recognize that every company/situation is unique and can customize our services to meet your unique needs.
- Initial email infrastructure assessment.
- Assessment Review – A thorough review is conducted with your team including suggestions on how to best prepare for the upcoming migration.
- Training – The entire staff is trained on what to expect on the transition day. This will include a brief walk through of Google Apps online. This is invaluable to ensure the transition goes as smoothly as possible and that staff are comfortable on the migration day.
- Selection of migration date – This is the date/time when email will stop flowing into your current infrastructure and start delivering to Gmail.
- Pre-migration data copy – Depending on your current setup it may be possible to move your email/calendar/contact data prior to the migration date. This speeds up the transition and impact on staff.
- Migration day – On the cut-over date we like to have a few staff members at your location to ensure that everything is going smoothly and that your staff receives the support they need. During this time any ancillary devices can also be setup including phones/iPads etc. In the event that pre-migration data copy was not possible our team will begin the process of exporting your data and importing it into the Google Cloud.
- Post migration data sweep – If a pre-migration data copy was possible then on the migration day our systems will automatically start sweeping mailboxes for anything that was left behind or was delivered after the migration date. This ensures all of your data gets to its new home in the cloud.
How we Can Help
- Facilitate a smooth transition with training to ensure limited interruption to productivity.
- Migrate all current emails, calendar events and contact data so your staff do not miss a beat.
- Support you company throughout the entire process from the assessment review all the was to post migration services to give you piece of mind.